Toor dal ( kandipappu ) - 1 cup
Tomatilos - 5 ( Small )
Green chillies - 5
Salt - to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tbl spoon
Garlic cloves - 2
Red chillies - 2
Oil - 2 tbl spoonsProcess :
1. Wash and pressure cook dal, tomatilos pieces with 1 1/2 cups of water till 3 whistles.
2. When the pressure is released, remove the lid then add turmeric powder and salt .
3. Heat oil in a Pan add crushed garlic cloves, mustard seeds, jeera, red chillies, curry leaves and fry them to turn brown .
4. Now add dal to this and cook in low heat with lid covered for 5 minutes.
5. Serve hot with rice, ghee and mango pickle.