For samosa dough :
Maida - 1 cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/4 tbl spoon
For filling :
Potatoes - 2 ( large boiled, peeled, mashed )
Onion finely chopped - 1
Green peas - 1 tea cup
Green chillies- 2
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbl spoon
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Lemon juice - 2 tbl spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbl spoon
Garam masala - 1/2 tbl spoon
Coriander seeds - 1/2 tbl spoon
Red chilli powder - 1 tbl spoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - to deep fry
For the dough :
1. In flour add salt, baking powder and ghee. Mix well.
2. Add cold water and mix into a smooth dough.
3. Keep the dough for half an hour, covered with wet cloth.
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and green chillies and fry over medium heat, until light brown.
2. Add green peas, ginger paste, coriander leaves, fenugreek leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
3. Add mashed potatoes and stir well. Fry for about 5-6 minutes and remove from flame.
4. Now take the mixed dough then mix it once again.
5. Make small balls of almost equal size. Press these balls to make flat round shape (like chapati). Later cut these into two halfs.
6. Shape it into a cone and stuff it with the potato filling. Apply water on the edges and seal the edges.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan on high. Deep fry the samosas on medium heat until golden brown.
8. Now serve hot with sauce.